Product Deployment Engineer
Product Deployment Engineer
Fluence Analytics is a New Orleans based startup company that delivers patented measurement products, data analytics, and automation technologies in the $1 trillion per year polymer industry and the $160 billion per year biopharma industry. Our core technologies measurably and reliably impact our customers production efficiency, R&D, safety, and profitability.
Fluence Analytics is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Product Deployment Engineer. The successful Product Deployment Engineer has worked in the chemical manufacturing industry and has experience with project management and project engineering. Additionally, this person will ideally have process engineering, instrumentation, analysis and/or measurement background. The individual is a strong communicator, a fast learner, highly motivated and organized with a willingness to go above and beyond to get things done. Background in chemical engineering, plant engineering, design engineering, or control systems engineering are bonus additional attributes of an ideal candidate.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - finalize scope, schedule, deliverables and proactively manage projects from start to finish, including directly executing tasks where required. Projects can be internal and external.
- CUSTOMER INTERFACE - communicate professionally and in a timely manner with customers regarding projects, requirements and installation and commissioning details of company products. This can include follow ups after deployment
- PROJECT ENGINEERING AND DESIGN - work with customers and internal team to firmly define requirements for projects, including all required designs and documentation for physical and digital interface with customer processes. Execution of design engineering to meet project requirements will be carried out using a mix of resources, including the Product Deployment Engineer directly, internal and/or external resources.
- 5-10+ years' work experience in process engineering, project management and/or manufacturing engineering roles.
- Intimate knowledge of P&IDs, wiring diagrams and PFDs
- A B.S. in chemical engineering (preferred) or very closely related discipline e.g. electrical or mechanical engineering with direct experience in chemical process manufacturing, instrumentation, controls and generally process industry manufacturing environments
- Ability to work in a team environment and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely well organized.
- Self motivated, diligent and capable of doing whatever it takes to complete projects and ship quality products.
- Strong analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Fluid Mechanics
- In-depth knowledge of Design Engineering
- Working knowledge of all aspects of manufacturing
- Experience working with contractors and vendors utilizing clearly defined requirements.
Bonus qualifications (a couple of these are a plus but not required!):
- 7-10+ years in polymer and chemical manufacturing process measurement roles.
- Previous work experience with analyzer technology or systems.
- Knowledge or direct experience working in manufacturing of electromechanical systems.
- Experience or general understanding of industrial automation e.g. PLCs.
- Previous experience with chemical handling/injection systems.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options will be offered
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)